Re: [gnome-love] At last.................... I made it.......

Hi!

(I haven't tried the program yet, may you provide some screenshots?)
I have uploaded screenshot. Please take a look.

This is great: this feature has been requested many times and I
personally think it is not only eye candy, but it is also very useful to
make the different workspaces easily recognizable.
You know some people switch from Gnome to KDE because of this. :(
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=170692

It would be even nicer if maybe you could try to get it integrated with
the core gnome components, in other words integrate it with the
wallpaper selector that it is included in gnome-control-center.
I would love to but......

That
would probably mean use plain gtk instead of gtkmm
This is the problem. I hate coding in C. I just wonder the reason you
said this is Gnome desktop is developed in C and is stupid to rewrite (
although just one component like gnome control center ) in another
language ( although C++ is brother from C ) or it is impossible for non
C programmer to join Gnome desktop development team ( to contribute ). I
thought the reason people to make GTK+ binding is to make non C
programmer to contribute easily to Gnome project. Please correct me if I
am wrong. Is it still possible for non C programmer like me ( I love C++
) to contribute to Gnome desktop project? It is stupid if I have to move
from C++ to C just because I want to do this.

and it would not be
"your" program anymore,
doesn't matter to me. But you know, assume I write this program in C and
pure GTK+ so the languange is not issue anymore. Assume my program is
stable enough to merge in Gnome. I doubt they ( Gnome developers ) would
like this feature included in Gnome control centre because they would
like to keep Gnome as simple as possible. Their motto is KISS ( Keep It
Simple Stupid ). Yeah, I disagree with them because M$ will put this
feature into Longhorn so each virtual desktop will have each wallpaper.
KDE already have it. So why not Gnome?

but I'm sure that your pride would be satisfied
by seeing your work used by millions of people and shipped with linux
distributions!
Of course............. Ok, here what will I do.... I will improve this
program so this program will be stable. This program is in alpha stage
now..... :) After stable enough, I m looking into possibility to merge
into Gnome control centre and if it is not possible ( because I write
with gtkmm not pure gtk+ ), I am open minded if someone would like to
rewrite this program into C ( pure gtk+ ) in order to merge into Gnome
desktop. I will help him.

That's all babe............

ciao
      paolo