Re: [gnome-love] yelp [was: is this list active?]

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 15:21, Allin Cottrell wrote:

Ah, that looks very promising.  I'm afraid I'm too busy with my own
app to work on yelp, but from a position of complete ignorance I
wonder: Is it worth thinking about some sort of mechanism for caching
"compiled" helpfiles?  (M$ .chtml files do come up nice and quickly.)

I don't know about caching, but since GNOME 2.0 it's been possible to
pregenerate HTML versions of the help files using the yelp-pregenerate
command[1], and yelp will load those straight away.  (But only if there
isn't a newer XML version of the same help file installed in the system,
so you don't keep getting the old help files if you upgrade to a new
version of an application that doesn't use pregeneration).

Cheeri,
Calum.

[1] http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/latest/performance-23.html