Re: [gnome-love] Re: [gnome-love]Wow.

On 22 May 2001 20:59:28 -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

The next thing i have done was clean up the interface to the gtcd and the
cd panel app a lot... but i found a bunch of bugs in them and found that
they both had a ton of redundant code.  I would like to merge the two into
one codebase.  Is that stepping on anyones toes?

Nobody is maintaining gtcd nor the CD panel applet as far as I know.
Maybe it would be good to move the panel applet into gnome-media, and
have gnome-media "provide" the applet, so we can share more code
between them.

I'm maintaining gtcd as part of gnome-media, but it isn't really under
active development. I have some ideas for a more generalized cd
interface that would have the opportunity to work with some more recent
GNOME developments (Bonobo in particular), but haven't gotten around to
implementing them.

I would have no problems with accepting a patch to gnome-media to move
the cd player applet into it, and the code there could definitely stand
to be cleaned up a lot.

Peter