Re: [gnome-love] Re: [gnome-love]Wow.

[
  Peter, you have been CCed because you are listed as the GNOME media
  mantainer, check at the end;

  George, you have been CCed because you maintain gnome-core/gnome-applets.

  Jacob, you have been CCed because you maintain gnome-core and
  gnome-applets.

  Please check comments at the end.
]

I've been floating around the Gnome community not doing too much for a
couple years now, always wanting to do a bit more.  The problem that
always prevented me from jumpin in and doing some coding is feeling like I
would be stepping on people toes, or worse yet that I would implement
something only to find out that it either is obsoleted or redundant.
Looks like this list is exactly what I need.

Welcome!

One weekend i decided to add an auto popup delay to compliment the auto
hide delay in the panel, but have never gotten around to submitting a
patch.  I use it a lot and find it makes autohide panels a lot friendlier
(helps avoid that dance you always do when going for a menu or button and
overshooting a little, hence triggering the panel to popup and block the
thing you went to click in the first place :)  I suppose that that would
be my first request, how would I go about getting this in for the next
release?  I imagine I am going to have to install gtk1.3 et all and
make sure it works with that...

The current panel still works with the GNOME 1.4 distribution, so you
do not need to install the GNOME 2 development platform.  Send the
patch to jirka 5z com and jacob ximian com, they are the maintainers
of the panel.

We can help you polish it if you want.

Ok, thats a good question, do people run into any complications having
both gtk1.2 and gtk1.3 installed?

Not currently, we will do a jump once the development platform has
been frozen.   The APIs change enough that it will require all
the modules to be branched.

The next thing i have done was clean up the interface to the gtcd and the
cd panel app a lot... but i found a bunch of bugs in them and found that
they both had a ton of redundant code.  I would like to merge the two into
one codebase.  Is that stepping on anyones toes?

Nobody is maintaining gtcd nor the CD panel applet as far as I know.
Maybe it would be good to move the panel applet into gnome-media, and
have gnome-media "provide" the applet, so we can share more code
between them.

Miguel.