Re: How do I disable Google search in Activities view?

On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 11:28 -0400, Patrick Chkoreff wrote:
Ekaterina Gerasimova wrote, On 03/12/2014 10:49 AM:

Thanks, however, I just now brought up System Settings, and I do not see
an option named "Search".

It was added at some point since the version that you're using.
Essentially, that panel lets you customise which search providers are
on and which are off, and even lets you switch it completely off.

Just last week I installed Debian completely fresh on this machine.
Surely the Search option wasn't added just in the last week.  How do I
upgrade my Gnome shell to the version you're using?  (I may not do it,
but I'm wondering how, just in case.)

I have the "Search" category in my settings.

openSUSE 13.1 x86_64
gnome-shell-3.10.2.1-7.3.x86_64

I presume the feature in question is the one labeled "Web" [following
GNOME's slightly annoying tendency to vague-things-up].

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383