Re: Gnome 3 usability - one user's comments

Em Qua, 2011-06-15 às 09:38 -0400, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak escreveu:
On 06/15/2011 06:52 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> Gnome seems to be taking the road of dumbing down and targeting "single
> tasking" users, leaving multitasking power users with having to move and
> click the mouse way too much.

"Power users" will quickly find the extensions that gnome-shell is
designed to accept, to make gnome-shell work the way they want (like
alt+tab cycling through windows instead of apps, or putting favorite
folders on the top bar, or whatever).
Yes, I agree, power users will "see"  the great advantage gnome shell, but for each one
"power" user, there are 250 "dumb" "end users" that only wants to use the computer to make
foolish things as enter in the facebook, check gmail, hotmail, and have fun on youtube..
see how many computers there are in your neighborhood,  what are people using them for???
do you think they are interested in  "fantastic productive"  desktop ???
Microsoft learn the lesson and produce windows 7 that is for dummies, they stepped back and
abandon that "fantastic desktop" used in vista.
Users did not used that... If I want a fantastic desktop I would use that 3D cube (COMPIZ) that can
even be more productive as I would have 6 desktops instead of one..  Even it is fantastic
to the eyes, I did not see any person using that.  If we only make desktops for "power" users,
the "normal" users will use FCE, or go back to windows...  I am not saying that things must not
evolve.. there must be a desktop for "super ultra gold geek power users", but if gnome wants
to have  users, they must give users what they want... and 95% of the users are "dummies"
gnome 2.32 was (for the point of view of end users...) perfect...
Sergio