Re: Gnome 3 usability - one user's comments

On 06/15/2011 06:52 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

Gnome seems to be taking the road of dumbing down and targeting "single
tasking" users, leaving multitasking power users with having to move and
click the mouse way too much.

"Power users" will quickly find the extensions that gnome-shell is designed to accept, to make gnome-shell work the way they want (like alt+tab cycling through windows instead of apps, or putting favorite folders on the top bar, or whatever).

I'm a black-belt-with-oak-leaves uncertified master power user (TM), and I find gnome-shell to be a breath of fresh air on the desktop...

- Mike