Re: Depressingly black top panel

On 06/14/2011 03:31 PM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
On 2011-06-14 09:19, Frederic Muller wrote:
On 06/13/2011 11:45 PM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
Also I'm looking for a way to change the depressing
grey-on-black of the panel and menus with a fresh black-on-grey
look. Can I change the colours somehow?

Not sure what you mean but for theme you have an extension as well,
also gnome-tweak-tool and you can find quite some theme on
deviantart:
http://gnome-shell.deviantart.com/gallery/28081982
Again I use the default theme so i wouldn't know much about it.

Too, bad, gnome-tweak-tool is uninstallable under Debian
currently. I didn't thought that the black menu would annoy
me, because I liked it on screen shots - to my own surprise it's
really depressing.

How can I change the top panel colour from black to grey or white?

Thinking about it, it should be in the CSS styling of the default theme. You can find a previous discussion about customizing GNOME 3 theme here (with a link to an good reference):
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-list/2011-May/msg00002.html

Fred