Re: [GNOME3] Gain vertical space

Hi!

It's all css and easily changeable. There is a blog post here that goes through some of the customization (which works without installing any extension):
http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2011/03/customizing-the-gnome-3-shell.html

namely this part:

"As stated previously, the default GNOME Shell theme is Adwaita. You can modify this theme by editing /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/metacity-1/metacity-theme-3.xml. One of the more interesting sections of this configuration file is:

<frame_geometry name="normal" title_scale="medium" rounded_top_left="4" rounded_top_right="4">
        <distance name="left_width" value="1" />
        <distance name="right_width" value="1" />
        <distance name="bottom_height" value="2" />
        <distance name="left_titlebar_edge" value="0"/>
        <distance name="right_titlebar_edge" value="0"/>
        <distance name="title_vertical_pad" value="13"/>
<border name="title_border" left="10" right="10" top="1" bottom="1"/> <border name="button_border" left="0" right="0" top="1" bottom="3"/>
        <aspect_ratio name="button" value="1"/>
</frame_geometry>
"

You'll need to find the another section for the maximized "title_vertical_pad" (maybe it's lower in the article, maybe not).

Hope that helps.

Fred