Re: How to work with GNOME3? (on Debian experimental)

Hi,

many thanks for your help!

On 2011-06-13 22:24, Frederic Muller wrote:
> From your question it's not really clear what's missing,

The first thing, that I find a little bit strange is the "user
menu".

I can use it to log out, but it seems that "Suspend" only
suspends to RAM, a function I almost never need, but no
"Hibernate" (to disk). How do I suspend/hibernate to disk?

Why does it display my name? I know my name :~) Maybe this real
estate should be used in a more useful way. How can I configure
it to not display my name?

There are menu entries "Available" and "Busy". When I'm working
at the computer I'm obviously busy, so what are they good for?
Can I make these menu points go away?

Also I'm looking for a way to change the depressing
grey-on-black of the panel and menus with a fresh black-on-grey
look. Can I change the colours somehow?

> but if
> keyboard you like then this link might give you a few hints I hope:
>
> https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/CheatSheet

This is really nice, thanks! This hint is especially useful:

"Most keybindings can be viewed under the User Menu -> System
Settings -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts"

I did not yet find out whether I can use the "User Menu" without
the mouse. Is there an Alt+sth. combination for accessing it?

Cheers