Re: Very disappointed in Gnome 3

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 02:09:57PM -0600, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-08-12 at 22:42 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 03:47:25PM -0500, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> > > My point :  I had to run around in circles to get Gnome 3 to work
> > > "correctly" in my system.
> >
> > I also mentioned software rendering would be available in GNOME 3.2.
> > Furthermore, during the course of GNOME 3 I expect all the drivers to
> > improve drastically.
>
> So you are saying that people need to wait until next spring.  Wasn't

No, that is not what I said.

Note that I if with spring you meant my GNOME 3.2 reference, it is due
in September (see https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointOne).

> this part of the problem with KDE4?  Things weren't ready and
> functionality was lost?

I'm not sure what you're after here, I not in a position to comment on
KDE. I am happy with the state of GNOME 3.0 though.

GNOME 3.0 is just the first version. It might not be the end-all for
everyone yet, but that is why there is a fallback option in 3.0 and a
3.2 in September, followed by 3.4 and so on.
--
Regards,
Olav