Re: Very disappointed in Gnome 3

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 09:49:49PM -0600, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> I agree.  Too many things are missing.  And why require accelerated
> graphics?  GNOME 3 seems to suffer from the attitude that tablets are
> the future and desktops and laptops are passe.  I've used GNOME since
> the 90's but I'm trying alternatives to find which I like best.

All graphics card sold over the last 3 years only have a 3D engine. 2D
is emulated, nothing more. GNOME 3 should work with any graphics card
released in the last 5 years. At the time of GNOME 3.2 also good enough
software rendering should be available.

The designers stated btw that tablets are not the focus, bad input
devices is.
--
Regards,
Olav