Re: Very disappointed in Gnome 3

"the step from the limited Windows workspace to the limited Gnome3
workspace is[n't] a step backwards, even if requires a bit of
re-learning."

Except that in Windows, clicking something does ONE THING, with no
side-effects, rather than changing the entire screen layout, and
everything appears only once, always in the same place, and you can
see where everything is. Much easier to learn and less intimidating.
It is intended for beginners, isn't it? As you say,

"What I have come to realise though, is that with Gnome3 I'm probably
not part of the target audience any more"

And you seem to be misrepresenting my argument. My point was that it's
not truly friendly to beginners either, because it makes it difficult
to develop efficient habits and to understand what's actually going
on. Even if it is argued that is that it will draw them in initially,
it ultimately does them a disservice. Still, I suppose that is the
kind of tactic that results from commercial influence.