From: Simos Xenitellis <simos lists googlemail com>
Subject: Re: How to contribute for the translations that we did
To: nayanarout1233 yahoo co in
Date: Monday, 10 March, 2008, 4:06 PM

nirupama rout wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Check This link
>
> http://downloads.bosslinux.in/Translated_Po_files/
>
> where I have uploaded some language translated po files.Need to know
> the feedback and let me know if i can proceed.

Thanks for the e-mail. It is great to see completed work.
I will post some comments for the translations in a separate e-mail.

As I mentioned in the previous e-mail, some of the languages already
have a translation coordinator.
You need to contact each of these coordinators so that you can arrange
how best to add the files.
This is very important; you must get in communication with the
coordinator on how to add the work.
I have already included in the CC: the coordinators for the six
languages that have a team,

Telugu, Sunil Mohan
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/te

Maithili, Rajesh Ranjan
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/mai

Urdu, Muhammad Waqas Alam
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/ur

Malayalam, Peter Ani,
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/ml

Hindi, Guntupalli Karunakar
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/hi

Kannada, Pramod Raghavendra
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/kn

Please note that some of the work has already been translated. Merging
two different translations of the same program is a bit of work. This
might give some trouble. That's why we recommend to get in contact with
the existing team coordinator early and translate together.

All the best,
Simos Xenitellis
Greek translation team

> Regars
> Nirupama Nayana Rout
>

> --- On *Wed, 5/3/08, Simos Xenitellis
/<simos lists googlemail com>/*

http://packages.bosslinux.in/boss/pool/anant/main/b/boss-presentation-tool/

> > for details about that package and its installation.Will gnome
accept
> > it under its any of the section.
> >
> > Features it has are:
> >
> > *Nice frontend
> > *more than 5 transitions of the page
> > *selects pdf,odt,images for presentation
> > *we can select the time stamp for each page
> > *All pages can be
> viewed together(keyjnote feature)
> > *can select any page at any point of presentation(keyjnote
feature)

> To add the boss-presentation tool to GNOME SVN, please follow the
> instructions at
> http://live.gnome.org/NewSVNRepos
> The same page includes a list of prerequisites for the inclusion of
new
> projects.
>
> Once the package gets hosted on GNOME SVN, send a new e-mail here so
> that we can add it in the GNOME Extras group. In this way, the
> translation file will appear at
> http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/hi/gnome-extras (example for Hindi)
> Then, individual translators may translate in their own language.
>
> You will be able to view full translation statistics for your tool at
> http://l10n.gnome.org/module/phonemgr
> (this is an example of another project).
>
> Simos Xenitellis
>

> > Regars
> > Nirupama Nayana Rout
> >

> > --- On *Wed, 5/3/08, Simos
> Xenitellis
> /<simos lists googlemail com>/*
> > wrote:
> >
> > From: Simos Xenitellis <simos lists googlemail com>
> > Subject: Re: Hoe to contribute for the translations that we
did
> > To: nayanarout1233 yahoo co in
> > Cc: gnome-list gnome org
> > Date: Wednesday, 5 March, 2008, 4:03 PM
> >
> > nirupama rout wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > We have translated the gnome files in some of the indian
> languages and
> > > want to contribute to the gnome community,how to do
that.
> > > The languages in which we have translated
> > are:

Hindi,tamil,telugu,urdu,konkani,marathi,oriya,bengali,gujarati,punjabi,kannada

> > > We also have developed a nice front end for presentation
tool ie
> > > keyjnote.Earlier keyjnote did not have a
> front end to sleect the
> file
> > > and browse for transitions and many more things.What I
need to do
> > > upload the package to upstream.Can this conme under
gnome.

> > > Help me out,Otherwise will be become a rework for the
community.

> > > Regars
> > > Nirupama Nayana Rout
> > >

> > This is great news!
> >
> > Visit the page at http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/ and you
will be
> able
> > to see the project page for some of the languages that you
mention. If
> > language has a page, then there is a coordinator for the
language.
> > For example, for Hindi, the coordinator is Mr Karunakar. For
these
> > languages, you should contact the coordinator and offer the
> translations
> >
> > to them to upload. You can find the coordinator
> e-mail address at each
>
> > language page.
> >
> > For languages that do not exist at
> > http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/
> > you can simply apply to become a translation coordinator.
Follow the
> > instructions at
> > http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/JoiningTranslation
> >
> > Please remember that it requires involvement and
communication to get
> in
> > contact with the existing language teams and contribute the
> translation
> > work.
> > Feel free to ask any further questions here.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Simos Xenitellis
> >

> > Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.

<http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_mail_1/*http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/>

<http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_webmessenger_2/*http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php>

Get your domain and website for less than Rs.100/month*. Click here.