Re: How to contribute for the translations that we did - Konkani

nirupama rout wrote:
Hi there

Check This link

http://downloads.bosslinux.in/Translated_Po_files/

where I have uploaded some language translated po files.Need to know the feedback and let me know if i can proceed.

There is no existing team for Konkani, therefore you are welcome to start the team for this language.

I had a look at the translations, and here are my comments:
a. I notice that you do not use key shortcuts. You might want to add them. For example, from the existing Hindi translations,

#. Toplevel
#: ../gedit/gedit-ui.h:49
msgid "_File"
msgstr "फ़ाइल (_F)"

#: ../gedit/gedit-ui.h:50
msgid "_Edit"
msgstr "संपादन (_E)"

#: ../gedit/gedit-ui.h:51
msgid "_View"
msgstr "देखें (_V)"

b. I noticed that you have not made use of the plural forms in the translations,
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Plural-forms.html
Are there plurals in Konkani?
An example of use of plural forms in Hindi is

#. translators, this count will always be >1
#: ../calendar/gui/dialogs/comp-editor.c:214
#: ../calendar/gui/dialogs/comp-editor.c:387 ../composer/e-msg-composer.c:2855
#: ../composer/e-msg-composer.c:3037
#, c-format
msgid "Attached message"
msgid_plural "%d attached messages"
msgstr[0] "संलग्न संदेश"
msgstr[1] "%d संलग्न संदेश"

Apart from that, I did not see any other issues.

To start the Konkani translation team, please follow the steps at
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/StartingATeam

You are now at Step 4 from the list.

All the best,
Simos Xenitellis