Re: nautilus open .mod

Hello

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 16:33 +0200, Bjørge Solli wrote:
> Robert Moonen wrote:
> > If you really want to you can break with tradition and change your
> > preferences to indicate to Gnome that it should open *all* ,mod files
> > with a text editor, that is entirely your choice.

* On workaround this feature,
edit /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml, and remove the lines
below

  <mime-type type="audio/x-mod">
    <comment>Amiga SoundTracker audio</comment>
    <comment xml:lang="bg">Аудио, формат Amiga SoundTracker</comment>
    -- everything in between --
    <comment xml:lang="zh_TW">Amiga SoundTracker 音效</comment>
    <glob pattern="*.mod"/>
    <glob pattern="*.ult"/>
    <glob pattern="*.uni"/>
    <glob pattern="*.m15"/>
    <glob pattern="*.mtm"/>
    <glob pattern="*.669"/>
  </mime-type>

* Update the mime db on system

	$  update-mime-database  /usr/share/mime

> This is exactly what I want, but my attempts to alter the settings
> failed and the message remains. Can you tell me where to change this
> setting?

I have checked this up on my Fedora8 box.

> (If I also can remove that "security" feature somewhere I would be glad.)
Let me know, if you find the answer for this.
Sounds like a perfect RFE.