Re: Keyboard layout and Fonts

On 3/8/07, Rafi Gabzu <rafi gabzu gmail com> wrote:
After reinstall Debian (long story )  I found that GNOME is much better and
nicer than KDE so I decided to stay with it , but now I do not know few
things :

1. How do I set keyboard combination to toggle between two keyboard layout ?

SCIM is one very good IME (Input Method Engine) and if you have
installed it (http://www.scim-im.org) then Ctrl+Space would activate
it & also deactivate it. Once activated, it will show you a couple of
keymaps (www.m17n.org) which you might have installed in a SCIM panel
on the bottom right of the screen.

Check http://www.makuchaku.info/blog/enabling-support-for-your-indic-language-in-fc-5-and-beyond
for more information on setting up SCIM. Please note that this is
specific for Fedora, but the generic process should work for all
distros.

2. I'm looking for more nice English fonts than the current, which are
recommended and how to install  ?

Installing new fonts is simple - just copy them to /usr/share/fonts
and run fc-cache

3. Where can I see (graphical) the system properties like Kernel version,
distribution, CPU etc. ?

check /proc/cpuinfo

I hope it helps...

Regards,