Re: [Bulk] Re: using zenity to write a sudo script ??

Thanks Stefano;
On Tue, 2007-12-25 at 11:50 +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
[snip]
> > #! /bin/bash
> > # Open nautilus as root
> > # file name: RootBrowse
> >
> > sudo -K
> > zenity --entry \
> > 	--title="Browse files as root" \
> >     --text="Enter your user _password:" \
> >     --entry-text "" \
> >     --hide-text | sudo -S nautilus --no-desktop --browser 1>/dev/null
> > 2>/dev/null
> >
> > # End
>
> This works fine here, both from the commandline and launching it as a
> nautilus script.

It is a relief to know that both work for you.  I went looking elsewhere
as a result of that information and found that the gnome-keyring-manager
| Seahorse | gnome-keyring is blocking my access to my passwords (for
other applications as well).  It is a bug in Fedora 8.  There is no
point in trying to get the script launcher working until this bug is
fixed.

I really do appreciate your trying it out in both modes.  I could have
gone on screwing around for hours.
--
Regards Bill