Re: [Bulk] Re: using zenity to write a sudo script ??

On date Saturday 2007-12-22 07:18:51 -0500, William Case gnomed:
> Thanks Daniel and Olav;
>
> On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 19:28 +1000, Daniel James wrote:
> > You will probably need to use sudo -S
> >
> > sudo will not read from stdin by default..
> >
> Yes.  My starting script had sudo -S.  My apologies, I sent a copy of a
> version of my script written at the height of frustration.  Here is my
> problem more accurately.  The following code works from the command line
> "]$ sh RootBrowse" but fails to work from the nautilus-scripts menu.
>
> #! /bin/bash
> # Open nautilus as root
> # file name: RootBrowse
>
> sudo -K
> zenity --entry \
> 	--title="Browse files as root" \
>     --text="Enter your user _password:" \
>     --entry-text "" \
>     --hide-text | sudo -S nautilus --no-desktop --browser 1>/dev/null
> 2>/dev/null
>
> # End

This works fine here, both from the commandline and launching it as a
nautilus script.

> That is; the zenity entry window pops up but after the correct password
> is entered nothing further seems to happen.  From the command line in
> contrast, the root browser opens after the correct password is entered
> in the popup entry window.
>

> > > Any help, advice or explanations will be gratefully received.

Just a faint suggestion, you may try to specify the complete path of
every command (e.g. sudo -> /usr/bin/sudo), especially in the case there is
already a script named "sudo" in the scripts directory.

HTH, regards.
--
Stefano Sabatini
Linux user number 337176 (see http://counter.li.org)