Stability survey

HI, is any one actually using OpenOffice or Gnome for real work? (as in
non geek work).

I have had a release of OO on my PC for a few weeks (and have used Gnome
since the redhat 5.2 days), the last one before OO 1.0 came out and have
tried to use it a couple of times, but found that it's quite likely to
crap out...

It's been about 2 years since I last use MS Office and windows so I cant
really be certain that OO is less stable, (though it's been 2 years
since I logged on to my PC and had it reboot which my old work WinPC did
at least once a week...)

But the problem I have is that I use Gnome, swear by it, but almost with
out fail if showing someone how it works some thing craps out, The Gimp
will crash when cutting, OO when spell checking or saving, Some Nautilus
side bar will not load and give an error message etc.

When I think about it, none of the apps I use are as stable as the non
gnome side of the system - apache, squid, postgres and linux it's self
are all very stable, but the desktop isn't

I use all the ximian stuff as I believe it has been checked out but
don't know how much checking is done.

How are the rest of you finding things.  Evolution, Gnucash and Gnumeric
(i dont use gnumeric often) are the only apps I feel certain wont bomb
on me...

--

  R  Brown-Bayliss