Re: Gnome fails to run on Solaris 8 ultra sparc II (problem solved)

FK> Hello.
FK> I'm sorry for my poor english.

>> what is XIM and what will I lose if I compile without it? It seems to be
>> something that deals with internationalization. Does it mean I will be able

FK> Yes. it's the protocol to input non ascii chars.
FK> When gtk+ is build with OpenWindows libraries, it causes SEGV.
FK> # So, on Intel platform, building gtk+ with XFree libs also
FK> # solves the problem.

Yay! Your answer made me look in a right direction. I decided to try
--disable-xim-inst before I disable xim completely, since by the stack
trace it seems that installation of some king of a handler causes the
problem and everything works fine now! And I can enter cyrillic too. Thank
you :)

--
Gregory