help with -> Gdk-CRITICAL gdkimage.c gdk_image_destroy assertion

I am running  Redhat 7.0 on an intel box and accessing the X sessio
through Exceed.
Everything run fine except when I run a gui app such as gvim or
linuxconf.
When I run these apps I get the follow error messages on startup

root miles /root]# linuxconf
Error message from remadmin :
Error message from remadmin :Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416
(gdk_image_destroy): assertion `image != NULL' failed.
Error message from remadmin :
Error message from remadmin :Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416
(gdk_image_destroy): assertion `image != NULL' failed.
Error message from remadmin :
Error message from remadmin :Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416
(gdk_image_destroy): assertion `image != NULL' failed.
Error message from remadmin :
Error message from remadmin :Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416
(gdk_image_destroy): assertion `image != NULL' failed.

after the error messages the app runs fine.

can someone clue me in on what is happening and how i can fix it

thanks

--
John D. Prokopek
jprokopek snet net