Re: Out-of-control Panel

Yes, it is the desk guide (that is the name that comes up in "properties" when
I right-click on it), so that much is certain.

As you can see from my other recent message, I'm experiencing a lot of
strangeness from my Gnome, including KDE icons mysteriously appearing on the
desktop, then disappearing when I leave and restart X.  I'm afraid I have a
virus.

Matthew Hoffman