Re: Out-of-control Panel

Mr. Williams and all:

I checked out the bug report, but it doesn't seem to fit my problem, because
the reported segmentation fault shuts down the whole panel, and in my case only
the tasklist applet disappeared (and now, happily, has been restored).

However, I may be getting to the bottom of this in some respects.  I've found
that my KDE icons are always put on the desktop if I exit Netscape Communicator
from the newsreader (I can get rid of them by sending a kill signal to the
PID for the the kfm).   I've found other bugs like this in my Linux Netscape
Comm. package, and I'll send reports to Netscape.  However, I still can't fix
my desk guide.  Also