Taslklist: assertion failed?

Hi

I'm using a Debian system and recently upgraded my packages which
included an upgrade of Gnome. Most of the Gnome packages (notably
gnome-core and libpanel-applet0) are on version 1.3.1.1 now according to
my system. Whenever I try to load up a tasklist applet, it doesn't work
and instead produces a small black pixel on my panel. Running 'panel'
from a term and trying this again, I get the following error message in
the term:

** CRITICAL **: file goad.c: line 844 (goad_server_activate_shlib):
assertion `i' failed.

If I load up goad-browser and try to activate the tasklist there, it
gives the same error. Using dpkg, I've found that goad-browser (and
hence possibly goad.c) belong to package gnome-bin but I can't locate
the source for this and so can't try to resolve the problem myself!

Any ideas?

Ciao

Carl