Re: Out-of-control Panel

On 08 Mar 2001 16:36:28 -0600, mhoffman wrote:

> Greetings, all.  I'm running Gnome on Red Hat Linux 7, and my main panel
> is behaving...strangely.
>
> First, the little boxes on the right side that allow you to select other
> Gnome "terminals" (or whatever they're called) disappeared
> spontaneously.   The frame that holds the little buttons remained, but
> the buttons themselves disappeared.  This isn't a huge problem, however,
> because I don't use that option --yet.

I think (and this is purely a guess) that you're referring to the desk
guide applet.  It's the applet on the panel that allows you to select
different desktops.  It sounds like you've set it up for 1 row and 1
column of desktops.  Right-click inside the "frame", select properties,
click the geometry tab, and see if you have the rows and columns of
desktops set to more than one.  If not, increase them.  The default (I
believe) is 2 rows by 2 columns.

HTH,

    Steve