Re: keyboard bindings die

Kevin,

> > However, in stumbling my way to this, I ended up with six separate
> > Deskguides that are empty, but linked. So when I press Alt-F5, for
> > example, The same 5th desktop is selected in all six Desk
> > Guides. Don't know now to get rid of them now. If I try to remove one
> > from the panel, all disappear.
>
> I think you now want to middle click on the desktop and choose Workspaces/
> Merge with next (I think that's it, but I don't have access to sawfish right
> now)

Well, again, you are quite right. I didn't even know the desktop
responded to middle mouse button! Looking it over reminds me of how I
used to set up OS/2: perfectly blank screen (no panels, no icons, no
nothing but solid blue from edge to edge), and everything was
accessible from the desktop context menu.

> > I find another keybinding that's not working. In Opera, I used to
> > navigate "Back" by pressing Alt<-, but that's not working, although
> > Ctl<- works to go back to previous site, and typing 'z' also takes me
> > back.
>
> Those keybindings are determined by the web browser. I don't know if they
> are configurable (depends on the web browser).

I should think so, but the problem is that the binding is default in
Opera, and bindings are not customizable.

Thanks for the helpful tip.

Haines KB1GRM