Re: keyboard bindings die

Kevin,

Thanks, but...

> You do that with Sawfish also in the same control-center capplet. You just
> need to add new global keybindings and hopefully you can figure it out from
> there.
> >
> > The only thing that did not get repaired was my ability to jump from
> > one desktop/workspace to another by typing Ctl-FN, where N is the
> > desktop to which I'd like to go.

Well, yes, I did manage to figure it out from there, but not at all
simply. First, I tried to set up six "Workplaces" rather than six
"Viewports." The non-standardized terminology let me down. When I
realized my mistake, I set it up for viewports, and it works fine.

However, in stumbling my way to this, I ended up with six separate
Deskguides that are empty, but linked. So when I press Alt-F5, for
example, The same 5th desktop is selected in all six Desk
Guides. Don't know now to get rid of them now. If I try to remove one
from the panel, all disappear.

I find another keybinding that's not working. In Opera, I used to
navigate "Back" by pressing Alt<-, but that's not working, although
Ctl<- works to go back to previous site, and typing 'z' also takes me
back.

Thanks for the help.

Haines KB1GRM