Re: no access to games

Telsa,

> > When I installed Gnome 1.4 on top of RH 7.1, all Gnome and KDE games
> > disappeared.
>
> Are you talking about Gnome 1.4 from the Gnome ftp site, or from
> Ximian? Ximian rearranged the menus..

Ximian. I've got the games, I see, under /usr/games, and they run. It
comes down to getting them to display in the menu. Turns out, though,
that only root can add them to the menu. That means logging out of X
and back in as root. Good thing I don't take games very seriously ;-)

> It's possibly to do with paths. games live in /usr/games. That's
> often not on people's paths unless they deliberately add it. I
> believe gdm may add it. I am not sure though.

I guess I could put /usr/games in my path (I see it's not there
now). Are you saying that if I do that, the games will by magic pop up
where they are supposed to in the menu?

Haines KB1GRM