Re: Linux hangs... (where's "blank")

Jeff Waugh <jdub aphid net> schreef op Fri, 13 Apr 2001 20:10:18
+1000:

http://linux.conf.au/ --

>                   ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
Ok,

It's time for a dumb question. I've been tracing the changes I
made to my system before it started with the weird blankouts, and
the only culprit I can think of is gdm. The whole shebang of X
randomly locking during a powersave state started when I removed
the Helix/Ximian version of gdm and replaced it with the original
Gnome gdm as packaged by Debian in unstable.
Is this possible, or could I have missed something else (I'm
working from memory, so I am not quite sure)?
BTW it could be a generic X problem, as KDE shows more or less
the same symptoms, however instead of locking up, it resets the X
server and dumps me back to gdm. It's NOT the Nvidia drivers
mucking things up (that's a change).
For the record: gdm is version 2.0-0.beta4.15 and my system
*seems* to be behaving normal again.

Mart

--
Write in C, write in C,