Re: Linux hangs... (where's "blank")

The only crash my system ever had was also in xscreensaver, in
particular the "blaster" module, run either normal or standalone.

The solution? More a workaround---I added disabled acceleration in the
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "S520/S540"
    Driver      "savage"
    VideoRam    16384
    Option "NoAccel" "True"
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection

Thus, many of these types of reports can be traced as bugs in the
drivers for certain video cards. (For example, I was not bit the above
bug in setups that differed only in the video card used. FWIW, my card
is the DIAMOND STEALTH III S540 16MB AGP4X S3 SAVAGE4 PRO.)

Thanks,
Bake