Re: Linux hangs... (where's "blank")

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Telsa Gwynne wrote:

> I have heard of problems involving xscreensaver locking up overnight
> in specific circumstances. I believe it's also capable of triggering
> X server bugs.
>
> I would try setting the screensaver to something very plain and seeing
> whether it happened there.

I've also had problems with lockups, which I have *felt* were screensaver
related.  I've been running 'qix', and the reference to "something very
plain", reminded me that I used to set the screensaver to "blank".  I used
to not care for the distraction of a busy screensaver.  So, I thought I'd
try that again.  When I went to the screensaver section in the gnome
manager, there is no "blank"!

Why did we lose "blank"?

Can we have "blank" back please?!

--