Re: Image usage: will Gnome ever do these things?

> This approach is painfully slow in changing workspaces if the
> backgrounds are jpg files, compared to Enlightenment or Window Maker.
> So I renew my request that Gnome's desktop background setter allow users
> to individually control workspace pictures.

>From what I remember, the reason it's not done is because there's no defined
way
(apparently) to get the number of desktops. This is supposed to be added to
the WM spec
(but who knows when that'll be finished/used).

It should be possible to have the background capplet running all the time
and detect desktop changes like deskguide does, and then change the
background accordingly.

iain