Re: [Helix/Mandrake7.1] Can't log in to Gnome

 On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 09:51:03PM -0800 or thereabouts, Neiras Sarien
wrote:
> > The Gnome login screen shows up nicely. When I try to log in to a Gnome
> > session, the screen flickers and changes resolutions as X tries to
> > start up, and then I end up back at the Gnome login screen.

I had the same problem, but not with all users on the system.  FOr the
users with that problem, I found the "fix" is to select options from the
gnome login, i.e., make sure you select session and language, and then
the problem goes away.

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn ukans edu