[Helix/Mandrake7.1] Can't log in to Gnome

Hi all.

I've just installed Linux Mandrake 7.1 and Helix Code's latest release
using the Helix Code automated installation script. There were no
errors or warnings during either installation.

The Gnome login screen shows up nicely. When I try to log in to a Gnome
session, the screen flickers and changes resolutions as X tries to
start up, and then I end up back at the Gnome login screen.

All my other sessions (icewm etc) work fine. I just can't get into the
Gnome/sawfish environment.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Neiras Sarien