Re: Fwd: Draft of Proposal for the GNOME Foundation.

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@helixcode.com> writes:

> > > I am whining because I was not aware of it.  The fact that such mail
> > > arrived to my inbox does not mean I approved of it (for instance, I
> > > have just returned from London and had 10 megabytes of mail waiting
> > > for me).
> > >

> > I'm sorry we do not stop all progress to wait on your schedule. But,
> > now you know about it, so, put in your input and we'll see what people
> > decide.
>
> I take that back.
>
> If I did not see that in my inbox, it was not because I did not read
> the mail, but because it was never said that such a list would be
> private.

For what it's worth, I saw the mail Havoc was referring to, and it
didn't say the list would be private (which it's not), just that it
would not be widely publicized beyond gnome-hackers.

It seems like almost a moot point how public the list is now that it's
been widely flamed about in public, although "decision by Miguel and
Nat" does not seem like a good model for open,
non-corporate-controlled decisions going forward.

 - Maciej