Re: Fwd: Draft of Proposal for the GNOME Foundation.

> Please note that while we certainly will eventually want to solicit
> input from the entire GNOME community, foundation-list is a list for
> discussion of the proposal among the 400 or so GNOME developers and
> core contributors (the majority having absolutely nothing to do with
> companies.).
>
> We'd appreciate if you don't attempt to join if you aren't in this
> group. (Certainly Havoc would, since he is the guy who needs to
> process subscription requests.)

First of all, I was not aware that the foundation list was closed.

That list was only announced in gnome-hackers, and sadly,
gnome-hackers does not have all of the people involved in the GNOME
community.

The future of GNOME can not be decided by those that are approved to
join the list.  The discussion of the GNOME foundation should happen
in the open as everything else that is part of the GNOME community.

If Havoc wants to have his closed list for dicussing
foundation-related issues in a quiet way and in a quiet space and
behind the GNOME community then that is fine with me, but it does not
belong in gnome.org.

Lets have an open list for discussing this very important matter in
the future of GNOME.

Red Hat has the control of the gnome.org machine and Havoc has refused
to open the list for people.  Right now the only control I have over
the list is asking Havoc to open things up, and the only reply I got
was repeatedly "no" based on a judgement call he made.  A judgement
call that did not involve the rest of us.

Not even the founder of the GNOME project.

Miguel.