Re: Fwd: Draft of Proposal for the GNOME Foundation.

> It was not closed, it was just not publicized. However now it's
> publicized, so subscriptions are moderated.

They should not be.  This is not the XFree86-devel "hidden" special
project.

> This seems most in the spirit of the decision to create a
> semi-public list.

I do not remember being asked `should we have a semi-public list'  and
accepting that.  This obviously is of relevance to the entire GNOME
community.

> The decision to create an open but unpublicized list was reached in a
> thread that was CC'd to the steering committee list and about a dozen
> other people, and you (i.e. Miguel) did receive that thread.

And you did not get a message saying `Sure, lets make a closed list'.
Did you?

> If people want to change their mind now, then I'll implement their
> decision, but until the decision is discussed I'm going to try to
> continue implementing the original decision by only letting developers
> and other strongly-involved parties on this list.

Make your own `foundation-private-list' and let the general public on
foundation-list.

> Well, this thread which you received discussed the issue, and the
> decision to go only to gnome-hackers was made with no objection from
> you. So I don't know why you're whining now.

I am whining because I was not aware of it.  The fact that such mail
arrived to my inbox does not mean I approved of it (for instance, I
have just returned from London and had 10 megabytes of mail waiting
for me).

> That is untrue. You received the original thread.

Received, yes.  Agreed, no.

> I'm happy to implement any decision that we reach as a group, but I'm
> not going to de-implement the decision that was made by a couple dozen
> people because you ask me on IRC. A couple dozen is more open than you
> and Nat flaming me on #gnome.

It was until Owen's post that I found out that this list had been
closed.

I am sorry for spoiling your private list.

Miguel.