Re: xterm & GNOME (Re: does Gnome-terminal have problems ?)

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 09:41:30PM +0100, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> nickrud citlink net (2000-12-22 at 1216.43 -0800):
> > The problem I have with changing fonts on the fly with xterm is the
> > keystroke C-MouseRBut is intercepted by gnome, which presents the
> > root menu (new terminal, directory, etc).  Is there a simple fix?
>
> Dunno exactly what is your problem, Ctrl+MB3 works here (as well as
> MB1 and MB2 xterm menus). Maybe you assigned the menu to that key? Or
> is the default, I dunno cos mine is Hyper-X (rare keys set to
> Hyper). Or maybe it is your window manager? I also remapped all wm
> tasks to Hyper+something.
>
> Check Control Center / Panel / Misc / Key bindings or Control Center /
> Sawfish / Shortcuts. If you find Ctrl-MB3 in one of them, you have the
> guilty, remove the alias and it should work. Otherwise, dunno, sorry.

The reason you didn't understand my problem description was that the problem
and my discription of it were unrelated :)  My bad. I didn't even realize that
until I read your response. However, your fix was correct. My thanks.

--
Rich Rudnick

nickrud citlink net