Re: does Gnome-terminal have problems ?

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 11:28:12PM +0100, anvil amin unice fr wrote:
> I actually uses ircii as my favorite irc client and i use it with the
> screen command and I discovered that the scrollbar of gnome-terminal
> does not take care of screen scrolling history.. Xterm does take care
> of it, and i was told that an older version (a 1.0.x) of
> gnome-terminal did it too..

Not under screen it won't.  Screen manages its own scrollback and doesn't
tell the application that anything's scrolled.

> This is my first problem and i got now another one..
>
> I'm french but i use a qwerty keyboard and it does't have any accent
> (no é nor à).. With Xterm i had an another way to make accents..
> meta-i does é
> meta-` does à
> etc..

Assuming ircII has a similar set to the one found in epic, you might try
messing with the value of /set HIGH_BIT_ESCAPE, I personally need it set to
0 under wterm, but I haven't messed with it since I migrated to
gnome-terminal so you may need a setting of 1 or perhaps a different setting
in ircII all together than what epic uses.

> What was my surprise when i discover that gnome-terminal do i if I
> press meta-i.. I want my accents, please do something or tell me how
> to have them but please dont say "use your old xterm" because i
> loooove clicking on url to open netscape :)

This is exactly what HIGH_BIT_ESCAPE in epic controls.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd debian org>               GnuPG key 1024D/DCF9DAB3

<Knghtbrd> it's too bad most old unices turned out y2k compliant
<Knghtbrd> because it means people will STILL BE RUNNING THEM in 30 years
           =p
<Knghtbrd> it would have been so much nicer if y2k effectively killed off
           hpux, aix, sunos, etc  ;>
<Espy> Knghtbrd: since when are PH-UX, aches, and solartus "old"?