Re: gnome-terminal problem(?)

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 04:50:50PM +0200, Kuba Winnicki wrote:
> Panagiotis Melas wrote:
>
> >  I noticed that the mouse (PS/2) pointer on top of a
> >  gnome-terminal disappears when I start to type, when I move the
> >  mouse it re-appears but as soon as I start typing it goes!
>
> You mean that x cursor gets a one pixel size shape when you start to
> type. Well, it's not a bug, it's a feature. :)

I can see how some folks might like this behavior, but I'd prefer it
if this could be disabled.  I don't like my cursor disappearing on me.

> In terminals without this feature it's sometimes frustrating when
> you have to reposition mouse pointer every time you type under it,
> because you can't see what you're typing.

Ah, I see the problem -- you're using a focus follows mouse policy,
right?  With click to focus or sloppy focus, this isn't as much of a
problem, since there's no need to keep the mouse over the focused window.

> IMHO, all input GtkWidget's (like GtkEntry, GtkSpinButton etc)
> should have this feature.

... and a configuration option to turn it off, please!

-- John Kodis.