gnome-terminal problem(?)

(Appologies if you receive this mail twice)

 Hello there,

 I've installed RH6-0 recently on a PC box and while I was configuring
 other things with serial ports I noticed that the mouse (PS/2) pointer
 on top of a gnome-terminal disappears when I start to type, when I move
 the mouse it re-appears but as soon as I start typing it goes!

 Also some times I found it impossible to logout I had to use CTRL-ALT
 F8. Has anybody encountered such problems before? are there any
 suggestions?

 Greetings

 --
 P. Melas