Re: gnome-terminal problem(?)

Panagiotis Melas wrote:

>  I've installed RH6-0 recently on a PC box and while I was configuring
>  other things with serial ports I noticed that the mouse (PS/2) pointer
>  on top of a gnome-terminal disappears when I start to type, when I move
>  the mouse it re-appears but as soon as I start typing it goes!

You mean that x cursor gets a one pixel size shape when you start to type. Well, it's not a bug, it's a feature. :) In terminals without this feature it's sometimes frustrating when you have to reposition mouse pointer every time you type under it, because you can't see what you're typing.

IMHO, all input GtkWidget's (like GtkEntry, GtkSpinButton etc) should have this feature.

-- BlackWine