GUI Login

I am a newbie to this whole Linux experience. I am running a brand new DELL
dimension 550. I installed Linux in a dual boot situation. Linux is
operating perfectly and I love it. I haven't been able to figure something
out and was hoping that someone might lend a hand.

When the system starts it gives me the usual login and password prompt. I
would like to use GNOMES graphical login but I cant figure out how to start
that. Can anyone help me with this rudimentary question?

Thanks in advance.

Steve Moccio
Lucent Technologies
svm@lucent.com