Re: gnome problems

I tried something.
There was no default directory in my ~/.gnome/panel.d directory.
I removed all the ~/.gnome* dirs and then again started X. (My .Xclients has "exec gnome-session")
I added all the applets and launchers I wanted and then logged out.
Now I see that there was one ~/.gnome/panel.d/Session-xxxxxx directory.
I copied the whole directory as ~/.gnome/panel.d/default
Edited all the Applet_* so that they point to the right directory.
Now whenever my session crashes, or panel crashes, I simply remove all the ~/.gnome/panel.d/Session*
directories (leaving only the ~/.gnome/panel.d/default) and "rm ~/.gnome/session" and I get all
my applets and launchers back.

BTW, there is one more problem. The swallowd applications never works for me...
Here is what I tried.

Right click on panel, click on "swallowd application" type "xclock or xosview" in the Command edit box
and hit apply/ok. and then the panel crashes, and I am logged out!!!!