Re: Progress bars

+++ Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 06:42:11PM -0500 +++
Ian Peters e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 05:54:45PM +0100, Matthias Warkus wrote:
> > Iagno should use a progress bar, too, when loading a new tile set,
> > since sometimes this can take quite long.
>
> You mean you want a window to pop up with something like "Loading
> tiles..." and a progress bar?  How long does this really take for you?
> I ask because, at least on my system, it would probably take longer to
> show another window or whatever than it takes to actually load the new
> tile set.

Sometimes it takes ten seconds or such, maybe longer if the system is
under high load. A dialog with a progress bar would be overkill, but a
progress bar in the status line or at least a message or an "LED"
indicating activity would really be nice.

mawa
--
"The DOS ain't done till Lotus won't run."