Re: gmc/libvfs suggestion for removable media

+++ Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 08:51:47AM -0800 +++
bob@kehs.ksd.org e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> For the Love of BOB NO!!! :)
> If anything like this is to be done it should be done by the kernel/mount.
> Spending alot of time to make removable media work in only gmc and mc
> seems alittle like a wast of time. Maby have a mount switch that tells the
> kernel to allways write to a device on change and mount the device instead
> of the filesystem. This would allow for the flexibility you request and
> allows all programs to work with it like DOS did.

ACK. You're completely right.
Anyway, who wants to use Unix should learn what buffered I/O is and
that stuff needs to be mounted and umounted.

mawa
--
He could wait. He could sit here in his wheelchair and breathe oxygen
and protect the Indians, the blacks, the women, the poor, the