Re: Progress bars

On 22 February, 1999 - Ian Peters sent me these 0,8K bytes:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 05:54:45PM +0100, Matthias Warkus wrote:
> > Iagno should use a progress bar, too, when loading a new tile set,
> > since sometimes this can take quite long.
>
> You mean you want a window to pop up with something like "Loading
> tiles..." and a progress bar?  How long does this really take for you?

On 8bpp systems, this takes a while (no hard numbres right now, but it's
far from instant) since it has to remap all the images to a shared
palette etc..

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå