Re: wm2 and GNOME (was Re: Problem starting GNOME)

> It is my understanding that Blackbox is gnome-compliant. It is a
> radically small and very fast WM. A little too minimal for my
> taste, but for those so inclined, it seems to work well.

You understood wrong.
--- Quote from http://blackbox.wiw.org/ --
Blackbox supports several extensions to the ICCCM's base. It includes minimal
support for the K Desktop Environment, and also supports the widely used Motif
window hints. Applications using Motif are decorated more appropriately, as are
applications using GNOME. NOTE: Blackbox is NOT and probably WILL NOT include
GNOME support. It is my opinion that the GNOME Window Manager Spec needs to be
revised, as the current (quote) specification (post quote) seems to be more
implementation based. A near complete rewrite and restructuring of Blackbox's
nternals would be necessary to implement the (quote) specification (post quote)
as is.
--- End quote ---

--
Gregory McLean          | [CENSORED]