Re: [Offtopic] Epson Printer Problems.

Quoting Ben Rockwood (benr@slip.net):

> Hello.
>
> 	I'm turning to you guys because no one else can help me
> and we've got a really diverse group here.
>
> 	I'm trying to get an Epson 640 Stylus Color working under
> GNU/Linux.  I've got RH5.2, but it's so modified that you could hardly
> tell.  I've got the newest version of Ghostscript (5.5 I think, of the
> Aladin distribution).  There is a stylusall filter, but I've never
> heard anyone mention the 640.  I've been working for quite awhile now
> (like weeks) to get this thing working, but I'm beginning to wonder
> if it will at all!  So, more than anything, has anyone EVER gotten
> a Epson InkJet 640 to print under Linux?
Yup, i have a 640, got it at christmas. ANd i too had hell trying to get it to work, as I use Debian and all.
What i did was get the printfilters and printtool and whatever else RH uses for print setup. run printtool
and install the driver for Epson Stylus COlor.  if that doesnt work, try the stylus 600 driver.

GIMP prints swell with it (this makes it more on-topic, right? heheh).. StarOffice will print colour text and
tables, etc.. but graphics are in gray :(

hope this helps you... if you need any more help, just email me.
--
 /- bse@dial.pipex.com - Alex Roberts - http://bsenet.cjb.net -\
 | ***** The New Breed of gEdit is  here ** gEdit 0.5.1  ***** |